Crestview Baptist Church of Shelby
Greetings to you from the church family of Crestview Baptist Church. Our church is a family, a family of believers who are in close fellowship with each other as we seek to be drawn closer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We honor God’s calling to be in ministry to our community and warmly welcome newcomers who add their respective strengths to the cause of Christ. We are a Southern Baptist church and member of the Greater Cleveland Country Baptist Association, the North Carolina Baptist Convention and Southern Baptist Convention. We have been worshipping together and serving this community since 1993. We offer a full range of programs and ministries for all ages and interests. If you are seeking a church family to be part of, we invite you to consider Crestview Baptist Church.
1. What’s the service like? While we are conservative theologically, our services are informal with a blend of contemporary and traditional music. The Bible is preached here as truth and is the unwavering Word of God. We believe God meets people where they are, and we want to do the same. Our goal is not to put on airs to impress others, but to be real in our worship and really grow in our relationship with our Savior, Jesus Christ.
2. How do people normally dress? We do not have an official dress code for attending church. When you attend you will see ladies in dresses and men in ties, as well as, overalls and jeans. You may even see some in shorts or biker vests.
3. How long is the service? All of our services typically last an hour.
4. What about kids? We offer a Nursery for children up to age 3 during Sunday School and Morning Worship. The Nursery is staffed by qualified church member volunteers who are mothers and grandmothers themselves. Children Pre-K through 5th grade have age appropriate Sunday School Classes and are invited to join us in the Worship Service where they will have a special message from our Minister to Students and then be dismissed to Kid's Church in our Youth Building affectionately called "The Building". On Wednesday Nights we have a Preschool Class and a Mission Class for all Elementary aged children.
5. Do you have a service for the deaf? No. We do have ASL interpreters that interpret for our regular services.
6. Do you provide transportation? We can provide transportation to and from services. Please contact the church office 704-487-7485 prior to the day transportation is needed.